For Sale by Owner Direct Mail Advertising Ideas
Advertising - For Sale by Owner Direct Mail Advertising Tips
Let's look at some for sale by owner direct mail advertising ideas, as a possible way to advertise your house.
On this page, I'll share some strategies that you might want to consider using for sale by owner direct mail advertising.
If you are looking for a different form of advertising your house, just select one of the photo or text links below.
Advertising Hints and Ideas
Newspaper Classified Ad Writing
Taking Real Estate Photos
What do we mean when we say for sale by owner direct mail advertising? What is our target market? How do we accomplish the task at hand?
Here are a few ideas to consider.
- Many buyers who are looking to purchase their next home, are
looking to relocate within 10 miles (16 km's) of where they live now.
- People living in your neighborhood may know a relative, co-worker, or perhaps a friend, looking for a home nearby.
- Many buyers, will never see a newspaper ad that you might place in your local "Herald".
- Direct bulk mail marketing targets, all the homes and apartments in a geographical area.
- You can choose different methods to direct mail.
What Types of For Sale by Owner Direct Mail Marketing Might Work?
The first thing to decide is what kind of literature are you going to direct mail to a given area.
You could as an example:
- Have postcards made with some highlighted features and of course, stunning photos of the home.
I would avoid anything enclosed in an envelope unless you are willing to have each envelope personally addressed from some mailing lists. Why? Too many unaddressed envelopes never even get opened.
Distribution of For Sale by Owner Direct Mail Advertising
Once you decide what to use, you still have to get the information to the people. Here are a few for sale by owner direct mail advertising ideas on distribution.
- Go to your local post office, give them the zip codes or postal codes that you want to have your literature delivered to, find out how many homes in those areas, and then get a cost for bulk mail.
- Hire some local young girls and/or boys to hand deliver to the streets you choose offering so much a flyer or a bulk wage.
- Deliver the flyers or post cards yourself, or make a family affair.
- Hire a professional company to do the complete job for you using mailing lists.
I am providing a link that list the top 10 reasons to use direct mail. Although it is targeted at business, for the most part, the same reasons apply for you as an individual. To see the list, just click here.
Everything has a Price Including For Sale by Owner Direct Mail Advertsing
You must keep in mind, that all these for sale by owner direct mail advertising plans have a price. Some cost more money, others more time and still others, both time and money.
If you decide that you can get more bang for your buck by using some of these for sale by owner direct mail advertising ideas, perhaps you could cut back a bit on the newspaper advertising to balance things out a bit.
A Visitor's Testimony
I just came across your website and didn't even have to think twice about writing you to commend you on what a great and well-written website you have created. It was very informative and now saved in my 'favorites'.
The big advantage of this type of marketing when you sell for sale by
owner, is you are targeting a group of people that already live in your
Whether you deliver yourself or have one
someone do it for you, you will also be marketing to every house that
is up for sale in those areas. This will include those that are for sale
by owner, listed with a Realtor and those that are getting ready to
sell in the near future!
For More Information about Advertising
Please use the photo links here for other advertising ideas and tips.
Return to Home Page
Back to Top of Page
If you find this website of value to you, I would sure appreciate a like on Facebook. Just click the little "Like Page" in the green box.
If you know of someone that might find this information valuable either now or in the future, you can share it as well on any of the platforms that are shown to the left of this page. Thank you :)
This website was built and is maintained by Douglas F. Cameron
WARNING to WEBMASTERS: DO NOT COPY THIS WEBSITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF.
I regularly check for plagiarism of my website
and I'm sick of having content copied by thieves. Please be warned that any
future blatant plagiarism of all or any part thereof of my content, may result
in legal action.